Undergraduate Research Ambassadors
The Undergraduate Research Ambassador program prepares current undergraduate researchers to facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and provide feedback to the UR staff on current and proposed program offerings.
While the UR Office sponsors Ambassador-led workshops each semester, the Ambassadors are also frequently invited to present during class periods and student academic society meetings. Please contact the Undergraduate Research Office by phone at 517-884-1559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in bringing the Ambassadors to your class or to arrange for a presentation.
Ambassador Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the 2015-16 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassadors Program. You can access the online application here.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. The application process has two rounds: this online application form and an in-person interview. You will be notified by Friday, April 3, 2015 if you are selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 20-24, 2015. If you are a finalist, you will be notified of our decision no later than Friday, May 1, 2015.
- current full-time undergraduate at MSU
- involved in undergraduate research for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies)
- presented at either UURAF or Mid-SURE at least once
- minimum GPA of 3.0
- complete training, to be held from 1-4 pm on August 31 and September 1.
- staff the UR table at Sparticipation on September 1 for a minimum of thirty (30) minutes from 5-8 pm.
- attend four (4) meetings. Meeting dates will be determined in August, but generally will be one (1) each in September, November, February and March.
- facilitate five (5) undergraduate research workshops: three (3) during Fall semester and two (2) during Spring semester.
- volunteer at the 2016 UURAF.
Ambassadors will receive a small stipend at the end of fall and spring semesters, if all semester responsibilities are completed.
Submitting your application indicates that you meet the eligibility criteria and agree to fulfill the position responsibilities. If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Undergraduate Research Office at email@example.com.