The Undergraduate Research Ambassador program prepares current undergraduate researchers to facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and provide feedback to the UR staff on current and proposed program offerings.
While the UR Office sponsors Ambassador-led workshops each semester, the Ambassadors are also frequently invited to present during class periods and student academic society meetings. Please contact the Undergraduate Research Office if you are interested in bringing the Ambassadors to your class or to arrange for a group presentation.
Apply to be an Undergraduate Research Ambassador
The Undergraduate Research Office is seeking applications for the 2019-2020 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassador Program. UR Ambassadors are current undergraduate students engaged in research or creative activity in different fields of study across campus.
- Current full-time undergraduate student at MSU.
- Involved in undergraduate research for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies).
- Presented at either UURAF or Mid-SURE at least once.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
Interested applicants can access the online application HERE. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM. The application process has two rounds: (1) an online application form and (2) an in-person interview. Candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 17, 2019 if selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 22 – 26, 2019. Finalists will be notified of a decision no later than Friday, May 3rd.
- Participate in training from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM on August 26 and 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM on August 27.
- Staff the UR table during “Sparticipation” for at least one shift on August 27th.
- Attend 4 to 6 professional development Sunday meetings throughout the academic year from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Facilitate on average of 3-5 undergraduate research workshops (number may vary)
- Hold monthly office hours to meet with peers about undergraduate research
- Volunteer to work at least one shift at UURAF 2019.
Ambassadors will receive a stipend at the end of fall and spring semesters, if all semester responsibilities are completed.Submitting your application indicates that you meet the eligibility criteria and agree to fulfill the position responsibilities. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Amanda Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-884-4384.