Now Accepting Applications for the 2021-2022 Undergraduate Research Ambassador Program
The Undergraduate Research Office is seeking applications for the 2021-22 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassador Program. UR Ambassadors are current undergraduate students engaged in research or creative activity in different fields of study across campus. UR Ambassadors facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and represent the Undergraduate Research Office at events and programs throughout the academic year.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:00 PM EST. The application process has two rounds: (1) an online application form through Handshake (Job Posting number: #4428321 Undergraduate Research Ambassador) and (2) a virtual interview. Candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 7, 2021 if selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 12-13, 2020. Finalists will be notified of a decision no later than Friday, April 16th.
- Current full-time or part-time undergraduate student at MSU.
- Involved in undergraduate research for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies).
- Research presentation experience desired (i.e. UURAF, Mid-SURE, or other research/professional conference presentations).
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Submit a document answering the following questions:
- Student Org Involvement
- Please briefly describe your current or past research or creative project
- Please describe what you have gained by participating in an undergraduate research experience. [Max 200]
- Please explain why you are interested in serving as an Undergraduate Research Ambassador. What do you hope to gain from the experience? What strategies might you use to help explain the importance of undergraduate research experience to a general audience? [Maximum 200 words]
- Ambassadors will deliver presentations about undergraduate research to other students. Please describe your past experience with public speaking and, more specifically, presenting your research. [Maximum 200 words]
- Participate in training from August 23-27. Days and Time are TBD.
- Staff the UR table/booth during “Sparticipation”.
- Attend 4 to 6 professional development Sunday meetings throughout the academic year from 5 PM to 7 PM. (Tentative Meetings: September 19, October 17, November 14, January 23, February 20, March 20)
- Facilitate five (5) undergraduate research workshops and/or events (including resource fairs).
- Participate in one social media take-over per semester.
- Hold monthly peer advising office hours to meet with peers about undergraduate research.
- Assist with set-up for UURAF and work at least one shift at UURAF.
Ambassadors will receive a small stipend at the end of fall and spring semesters, if all semester responsibilities are completed. Submitting an application indicates that you meet the eligibility criteria and agree to fulfill the position responsibilities.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Undergraduate Research Office at email@example.com.