Registration for Mid-SURE 2016 closed on Monday, June 27, 2016. Questions? Contact Lizzy King, Assistant Director for Undergraduate Research, at email@example.com. You can look up presentation information about a specific student in the Mid-SURE Public Directory. Search by the student's last name.
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for the Forum:
- Coordinating Author (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- Name, email, home institution, phone, program affiliation (if applicable), and graduation year.
- Additional Authors (if applicable) -- Name, email, home institution, phone, program affiliation (if applicable), and graduation year. Generally, these students are listed in the order in which they will appear on the poster. Note: We strongly encourage groups to limit their size to 4 people.
- Research Mentor -- Name, email, department, type of mentor (i.e. faculty, graduate student, post-doctoral scholar), home institution, and department.
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. longer submissions will be cut off. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance.
- Intellectual Property -- We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less then 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Once you have submitted your program, you will IMMEDIATELY receive a confirmation email (note: if you use a Gmail account, it is likely the confirmation email will be in your Spam folder). If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
- After registration is closed, you will receive an email indicating the time and location of your presentation. You are responsible for reviewing this information as soon as you receive it.
- Submissions must be completed in one session. You can't fill half of an application out and come back to it later; it will not be saved.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).