Mid-SURE 2019 Registration
Check back in May for more details!
Questions? Contact Heather Dover, Coordinator for Undergraduate Research
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for Mid-SURE:
- Coordinating Author (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- when you log in to register, you will automatically be designated as the coordinating author. If there are additional authors presenting with you at the event, please add them in the form (they do not need to register separately).
- Research Mentor -- you will be able to search and add MSU faculty and Staff members to list as your mentor(s).
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. longer submissions will be cut off. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance.
- Intellectual Property -- We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less then 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Once you have submitted your program, the Undergraduate Research Office will review your submission. A confirmation email will be sent to you after your presentation has been approved (it may take 1-2 weeks).
- You will then receive an email indicating the time and location of your presentation. You are responsible for reviewing this information as soon as you receive it.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).