The Undergraduate Research Ambassador program prepares current undergraduate researchers to facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and provide feedback to the UR staff on current and proposed program offerings and facilitate peer to peer conversations around engaging in undergraduate research at MSU.
While the Undergraduate Research Office sponsors Ambassador-led workshops each semester, the Ambassadors are also frequently invited to present during class periods and student academic society meetings. Contact the Undergraduate Research Office if you are interested in bringing the Ambassadors to your class or to arrange for a group presentation.
Peer Advising Hours for 2020-21
Did you know Undergraduate Research experiences are #44 on the Spartan Bucket List? The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts peer advising drop-in hours throughout the semester. Interested students can connect 1:1 with a peer Undergraduate Research Ambassador to learn more about engaging in undergraduate research and creative activity at MSU.
Students are required to sign up 48 hours in advance for a 30-minute consultation with an Undergraduate Research Ambassador. The zoom link will be provided after you sign up.
Spring 2021 Advising Hours
- Mondays 4:00pm - 7:00pm EST
- Thursdays 12:00pm - 4:00pm EST
Sign up for Spring advising hours.
Any inquiries regarding peer advising sessions may be sent to email@example.com.
Undergraduate Research Ambassador 2021-2022 - Applications CLOSED!
The Undergraduate Research Office is seeking applications for the 2020-21 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassador Program. UR Ambassadors are current undergraduate students engaged in research or creative activity in different fields of study across campus. UR Ambassadors facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and represent the Undergraduate Research Office at events and programs throughout the academic year.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 PM. The application process has two rounds: (1) an online application form through Handshake and (2) an in-person interview. Candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 7, 20201 if selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 12-13, 2021. Finalists will be notified of a decision no later than Friday, May 1st.
Search for #4428321 Undergraduate Research Ambassador on Handshake, or access the application here.
- Current full-time or part-time undergraduate student at MSU.
- Involved in undergraduate research or creative scholarship for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies).
- Research presentation experience desired (i.e. UURAF, Mid-SURE, or other research/professional conference presentations).
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Submit a document answering the following questions:
- Student Org Involvement
- Please briefly describe your current or past research or creative project
- Please describe what you have gained by participating in an undergraduate research experience. [Max 200]
- Please explain why you are interested in serving as an Undergraduate Research Ambassador. What do you hope to gain from the experience? What strategies might you use to help explain the importance of undergraduate research experience to a general audience? [Maximum 200 words]
- Ambassadors will deliver presentations about undergraduate research to other students. Please describe your past experience with public speaking and, more specifically, presenting your research. [Maximum 200 words]