The Undergraduate Research Ambassador program prepares current undergraduate researchers to facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and provide feedback to the UR staff on current and proposed program offerings and facilitate peer to peer conversations around engaging in undergraduate research at MSU.
While the Undergraduate Research Office sponsors Ambassador-led workshops each semester, the Ambassadors are also frequently invited to present during class periods and student academic society meetings. Contact the Undergraduate Research Office if you are interested in bringing the Ambassadors to your class or to arrange for a group presentation.
Peer Advising Hours
Did you know Undergraduate Research experiences are #44 on the Spartan Bucket List? The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts peer advising drop-in hours throughout the semester. Interested students can connect 1:1 with a peer Undergraduate Research Ambassador to learn more about engaging in undergraduate research and creative activity at MSU.
This semester we will host in-person and virtual advising hours. Our in-person advising hours will be held in our office space located in the STEM Teaching and Learning Facility, 642 Red Cedar Rd, Room 2103. And our virtual advising hours will be held on zoom. We ask that you please sign up at least 48 hours in advance. An ambassador will follow up with a confirmation email. If you choose to meet virtually, am ambassador will follow up with a zoom link for your meeting.
Fall 2021 Peer Advising Hours
- Mondays 12-4 PM (In-Person)
- Thursdays 4-8 PM (Virtual)
You may sign up here to schedule your appointment, or copy and paste the following link on your browser: https://calendly.com/ur_msu/fall-2021-undergraduate-research-peer-advising?month=2021-09
Undergraduate Research Ambassador 2021-2022 - Applications CLOSED!
The Undergraduate Research Office is seeking applications for the 2020-21 Undergraduate Research (UR) Ambassador Program. UR Ambassadors are current undergraduate students engaged in research or creative activity in different fields of study across campus. UR Ambassadors facilitate workshops, assist at UURAF, and represent the Undergraduate Research Office at events and programs throughout the academic year.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 PM. The application process has two rounds: (1) an online application form through Handshake and (2) an in-person interview. Candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 7, 20201 if selected to move on to the second round. Interviews will take place during the week of April 12-13, 2021. Finalists will be notified of a decision no later than Friday, May 1st.
Search for #4428321 Undergraduate Research Ambassador on Handshake, or access the application here.
- Current full-time or part-time undergraduate student at MSU.
- Involved in undergraduate research or creative scholarship for a minimum of two (2) semesters (a summer research experience qualifies).
- Research presentation experience desired (i.e. UURAF, Mid-SURE, or other research/professional conference presentations).
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Submit a document answering the following questions:
- Student Org Involvement
- Please briefly describe your current or past research or creative project
- Please describe what you have gained by participating in an undergraduate research experience. [Max 200]
- Please explain why you are interested in serving as an Undergraduate Research Ambassador. What do you hope to gain from the experience? What strategies might you use to help explain the importance of undergraduate research experience to a general audience? [Maximum 200 words]
- Ambassadors will deliver presentations about undergraduate research to other students. Please describe your past experience with public speaking and, more specifically, presenting your research. [Maximum 200 words]