The Workshop Series is designed to help students reach their undergraduate research goals. Various sessions are offered each semester with a range of topics. Sessions are led by Peer Ambassadors or topic area experts from across campus. See the Events page for the current workshop schedule.
- Learning about Undergraduate Research
- Integrity in Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
- Discover Your Research Abroad Experience
- Finding a Summer Research Opportunity
- Undergraduate Researchers from Underrepresented Populations
- Troubleshooting Your Undergraduate Research Experience
- Unpacking Your Research Experience
- Strategic Research Communication
- Writing Abstracts
- Preparing Poster Presentations
- Preparing Oral Presentations
- Preparing for Success at UURAF
Workshops for Classes and Club Meetings
We currently offer three workshops to be held during a class or club meeting. Each workshop can be tailored to meet the needs of your group and can last between 15 to 45 minutes. Below are descriptions of the three workshops.
- Learning About Undergraduate Research: Make research an integral part of your Spartan saga! Participants will learn about the opportunities available for involvement in research and creative activities at Michigan State. You can expect a short presentation, discussion, and Q&A facilitated by current undergraduate researchers.
- Finding Summer Research Opportunities: A variety of summer research opportunities are available. Programs are hosted by colleges and universities around the world. They provide an intensive research experience on a particular topic within a scholarly discipline. For undergraduates with plans for graduate or professional school, summer research provides the opportunity to expand your professional network and acquire experience in an area of interest. In this workshop, you will learn more about summer research, the benefits of participation, and effective search strategies, including how to find and apply for opportunities.
- Success at Your Research Forum: Whether you are presenting at UURAF, Mid-SURE, or a national conference, there are a lot of ways you can prepare for your presentation. This session is led by seasoned UURAF/Mid-SURE presenters who will help you make the most out of your research forum/conference presentation.
Request a Workshop
To request a workshop, please complete the workshop request form. Please note that we will accept your request depending on our workshop schedule and availability. In order to better honor your request, we kindly ask that your request be made two weeks in advance.
When you submit your request, we will follow up with you to coordinate and confirm the workshop/presentation. If needed, we may ask for more details about your goals for the workshop. Please note: your request has not been accepted until a staff member has contacted you with a confirmation.