Mid-SURE 2023 Registration
Priority Registration open May 30 - June 20
Mid-SURE Presenter Portal for MSU Students
Mid-SURE Presenter Portal for Non-MSU Students
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for Mid-SURE:
- Coordinating Presenter (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- when you log in to register, you will automatically be designated as the coordinating author.
- Co-Presenter (if applicable) -- If there are additional undergraduate authors presenting with you at the event, please add them in the form. We highly encourage groups to limit their size to 4 or fewer student presenters.
- Research Mentor -- you will be able to search and add MSU faculty, graduate students, and staff members to list as your mentor(s). Pre-registered external mentors will also show in the look-up box.
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
Non-MSU Students and Mentors: You must first register for access to the Mid-SURE Presenter Portal. Forgot your password? Reset it here. Please use the email address from your home institution when creating an account. Do not use an MSU Guest ID. There is no email address directly associated with a Guest ID. We will not be able to communicate with you about important Mid-SURE information.
- View our step-by-step registration guide
- Watch our Registration Workshop recording
- Get ready for the event with our Success at Mid-SURE recording
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. Draft version accepted at time of registration--final version due July 24. Do not list your project title or co-presenters in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance. We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property (IP) issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less than 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Presentation Type -- Mid-SURE Symposium is a poster presentation ONLY. For more information on how to construct and deliver a poster presentation, please visit our Poster Presentation guide.
- Undergraduate Research Experience (URE) Information -- MSU students will be asked a series of questions that will allow the Undergraduate Research staff to document your research/creative experience both in and out of class. This section is visible only to MSU students.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training for MSU Students -- You are required to complete RCR training. If you have not already completed this training, it will be assigned to you after registration closes.
- Group Presentations -- Only one submission is required per group. The coordinating student presenter should register for the group and add all co-presenters on the registration form.
- Once you have submitted your program, you will immediately receive a confirmation email. (Note: please check your spam folder if you do not see the confirmation in your email inbox.) If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
- If you have not received an email by July 1 indicating your presentation is "Approved and Active", we either do not have an active email on file or you are not registered. Please contact us for assistance.
- If you get a "Bad Request" error on the registration website, please clear your cache and cookies, then try again.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).
- Do not be alarmed by the submission status of "Pending" or "Inactive". Your registration is complete. Submissions will be moved to an "Approved" status after review by our office.