Mid-SURE 2019 Registration
Registration opens on June 3, 2019 and closes on June 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Questions? Call 517-884-4384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for Mid-SURE:
- Coordinating Presenter (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- when you log in to register, you will automatically be designated as the coordinating author.
- Co-Presenter (if applicable) -- If there are additional undergraduate authors presenting with you at the event, please add them in the form.
- Research Mentor -- you will be able to search and add MSU faculty, graduate students, and staff members to list as your mentor(s).
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. longer submissions will be cut off. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance.
- Intellectual Property -- We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less then 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Once you have submitted your program, you will immediately receive a confirmation email sent (note: please check your spam folder if you do not see the confirmation in your email inbox). If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
- Submissions must be completed in one session. Partial applications cannot be saved and completed at a later time.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).