Mid-SURE 2021 Registration
Open June 1 - 21, 2021
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for Mid-SURE:
- Coordinating Presenter (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- when you log in to register, you will automatically be designated as the coordinating author.
- Co-Presenter (if applicable) -- If there are additional undergraduate authors presenting with you at the event, please add them in the form.
- Research Mentor -- you will be able to search and add MSU faculty, graduate students, and staff members to list as your mentor(s).
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. longer submissions will be cut off. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance.
- Intellectual Property -- We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less then 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Presentation Type -- Mid-SURE Symposium is a poster presentation ONLY. For more information on how to construct and deliver a poster presentation, please visit our Poster Presentation guide.
- Frequently Asked Questions -- Please view the Frequently Asked Questions link for additional information
Special Instructions for Mid-SURE 2020 Poster Presentations:
Registered student presenters will:
- Create a poster presentation using standard poster presentation guidelines (we recommend Microsoft PowerPoint or similar software)
- Create a poster pitch video lasting no more than 5 minutes
- Upload their video to YouTube.com as an unlisted video
- Enable the closed captioning feature on their presentation to promote accessibility and inclusivity
- Add the link to their unlisted YouTube video and PDF of their poster to the Mid-SURE event portal (Symposium by ForagerOne) by 11:59 PM Eastern on July 25, 2021.
- Students will not need to print their poster
- Any registered presenter who does not submit their virtual presentation will not be included in the 2021 Mid-SURE forum
Please explore the Mid-SURE 2020 Virtual Poster Presentation Guide to access “how-to” resources.
- Once you have submitted your program, you will immediately receive a confirmation email sent (note: please check your spam folder if you do not see the confirmation in your email inbox). If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
- Submissions must be completed in one session. Partial applications cannot be saved and completed at a later time.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).
- Do not be alarmed by a submission status of "Pending". Your registration is complete. Submissions will be moved to an "Approved" after review by our office.