Mid-SURE 2022 Registration
Registration open May 31 - June 22, 2022
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for Mid-SURE:
- Coordinating Presenter (designated student who will be responsible for presentation) -- when you log in to register, you will automatically be designated as the coordinating author.
- Co-Presenter (if applicable) -- If there are additional undergraduate authors presenting with you at the event, please add them in the form. We highly encourage groups to limit their size to 4 or fewer student presenters.
- Research Mentor -- you will be able to search and add MSU faculty, graduate students, and staff members to list as your mentor(s).
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, category, and abstract.
- View our step-by-step registration guide - Coming soon
- Program title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon.
- Abstracts -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. Draft version accepted at time of registration--final version due later. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body (you should include these on your poster). Mid-SURE visitors and evaluators use the abstract to anticipate what the presenters intend to discuss. See your research mentor for assistance. We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property (IP) issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less than 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Presentation Type -- Mid-SURE Symposium is a poster presentation ONLY. For more information on how to construct and deliver a poster presentation, please visit our Poster Presentation guide.
- Once you have submitted your program, you will immediately receive a confirmation email. (Note: please check your spam folder if you do not see the confirmation in your email inbox.) If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
- If you have not received an email by July 3 indicating your presentation is "Approved and Active", we either do not have an active email on file or you are not registered. Please contact us for assistance.
- If you get a "Bad Request" error on the registration website, please clear your cache and cookies, then try again.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) Mid-SURE programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).
- Do not be alarmed by the submission status of "Pending". Your registration is complete. Submissions will be moved to an "Approved" status after review by our office.