Interested in being added to the wait list? Contact 517-884-4384 or email email@example.com.
Information Required to Register
Students will need to have the following information prepared in order to register for the forum:
- Coordinating Presenter (designated student who will be responsible for program) -- Name and MSU NetID
- Additional Presenters (if applicable) -- Name and MSU NetID. We highly encourage groups to limit their size to 4 students.*
- Faculty Mentor -- Name and MSU NetID.
- Presentation Information -- Title of presentation, type (i.e., oral, poster), category, abstract, and AV Needs (list as special request).
- Presentation title -- Titles provide a succinct introduction to your research. Select a title that helps the audience obtain a general idea of your presentation topic. Avoid technical words or jargon. Do not use course number (e.g., UGS 200H) in the title.
- Abstract -- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations. Do not list your project title or co-authors in the abstract body. There is a separate field for presenters. Other contributors, such as your research mentor, should be noted in your PowerPoint deck (if doing an oral presentation) or after the title on your poster. We encourage all students to review their abstracts with their research mentors to make sure that copyright or intellectual property (IP) issues are not a factor.
- Category -- Review the categories and their respective descriptions. Consult your research mentor if you're unsure of which category to select. Categories that have less then 5 entries will be moved to a related category.
- Off Campus Research -- Students who have conducted research off campus can also participate in UURAF. When you complete the mentor information section of the program registration, please list the university or lab site where you conducted the research under the "department" section and under the "college" section select "off campus".
Once you have submitted your program, you will immediately receive a confirmation email sent to your MSU account (note: if you forward your MSU email to a Gmail account, it is likely the confirmation email will be in your spam folder). If you do not receive an email, your program has not been submitted properly and you should submit it again.
Approximately 3 weeks after registration closes, you will receive an email indicating the time and location of your presentation. You are responsible for reviewing this information in a timely manner and contacting the MSU Undergraduate Research Office if you have a conflict. We try our best to work out class conflicts with advance notice.
- Submissions must be completed in one session. Partial applications cannot be saved and completed at a later time.
- Due to scheduling and space constraints, students may only participate in a maximum of two (2) UURAF programs. The programs must be distinct from each other (i.e. different titles and abstracts).
- We try our best to honor requests for rescheduling your presentation time. You can optimize your chances by requesting the change as soon as possible after you receive notification.
- NOTE: Only currently enrolled MSU undergraduate students or students who have graduated in December immediately prior to UURAF are eligible to participate.