Each Mid-SURE category is assigned at least one evaluator who is familiar with the respective field. We try to assign no more than six students per section so that the evaluator has ample time to provide constructive feedback. A few sections may have several evaluators, so some students may receive feedback from multiple perspectives.
What to expect on the day of the event?
Mid-SURE 2018 will take place on the 4th floor of Spartan Stadium inside the Huntington Club on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
Session A Presentations: 1:00 - 2:15 PM
- Agriculture & Animal Science
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biosystems & Agricultural Engineering
- Cell Biology, Genetics, & Genomics
- Chemical Engineering & Materials Science
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Environmental Science & Natural Resources
Session B Presentations: 2:30 - 3:45 PM
- Epidemiology & Public Health
- Integrative Biology
- Mechanical, Civil, & Environmental Engineering
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences (including Arts & Humanities and Communication Arts & Sciences)
Check-In will take place 15 minutes prior to the assigned start time. Evaluators will be provided a nametag, instructions, rubric, abstracts, and clipboard. Similar to UURAF, evaluators will have the choice of completing their evaluation form electronically on a phone, tablet, or other electronic device. Each poster has been assigned a number, and the evaluator will look for that number on the easel. Evaluators may ask questions to the students about their posters and will provide feedback in the following areas: introduction and goals, methods, results, conclusions and future work, overall look of poster, and communication skills. Feedback will be returned to the students approximately 1 week after the forum via email.
You can see a sample evaluation sheet here. Each poster session is 75 minutes in length.
Learn more about the event and read the abstracts in the Mid-SURE 2018 Program Book